Kitfox Aircraft Stick and Rudder Stein Air Grove Aircraft TCW Technologies Dynon Avionics AeroLED MGL Avionics Leading Edge Airfoils Desser EarthX Batteries Garmin G3X Touch

Thread: My "scrap" 912uls

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Re: My "scrap" 912uls

Out of curiosity, does your speedster have short wings?

I have a part of short wings from a speedster that could be covered and flown. I do want to replace the tanks at least. Also have a pair of 3 wings that could be taken apart and rebuilt as 4 wings. A lot of work and some $$. Can make the ribs, attachments, etc. But would need tanks, flapperons, leading edge, hardware.

Honestly the plane is just about as fast and certainly more versatile with the longer wings.

But would be nice to finish it while I'm still alive.

Quote Originally Posted by 109JB View Post
    Bought a 700 hour 912UL and did the simple Rotax prop strike check, gave it fuel and it runs like a top. Price $5101.00, but it had a Kitfox IV Speedster attached to it that had just a few bent fuselage tubes.
    Building a KF IV Classic

Default Re: My "scrap" 912uls

Quote Originally Posted by napierm View Post
    Out of curiosity, does your speedster have short wings?

I have a part of short wings from a speedster that could be covered and flown. I do want to replace the tanks at least. Also have a pair of 3 wings that could be taken apart and rebuilt as 4 wings. A lot of work and some $$. Can make the ribs, attachments, etc. But would need tanks, flapperons, leading edge, hardware.

Honestly the plane is just about as fast and certainly more versatile with the longer wings.

But would be nice to finish it while I'm still alive.
    Yes it has the short wings. It will fly that way initially, but I may build a set of extensions for it to make it the same span as the standard Kitfox 4. I have some parts off of a wrecked Kitfox 4 wing and there is enough there to be able to make extensions.
    John Brannen
    Morris, IL
    Sonerai IIL (Single Seat)
    Kitfox 3/4 1050 - Rotax 582 (Back Flying and sold)
    Kitfox IV 1050 - Rotax 582 (sold)
    Kitfox IV 1200 Speedster - Rotax 912 UL (rebuilt and now flying)
    Piper Twin Comanche (Sold)
    Glasair 1 FT (Waiting to start)