Kitfox Aircraft Stick and Rudder Stein Air Grove Aircraft TCW Technologies Dynon Avionics AeroLED MGL Avionics Leading Edge Airfoils Desser EarthX Batteries Garmin G3X Touch

Thread: North Country Kitfox

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Re: North Country Kitfox

Perhaps you could mention your actual height, and the inseam length on the pants you wear? (Some people are tall in the body and short in the legs or vice versa) That can determine if leg room or headroom is the problem. JImChuk

Default Re: North Country Kitfox

Quote Originally Posted by avidflyer View Post
    Perhaps you could mention your actual height, and the inseam length on the pants you wear? (Some people are tall in the body and short in the legs or vice versa) That can determine if leg room or headroom is the problem. JImChuk
    Good point. It's all in the legs. I'm 6'4", with a 36" inseam. Adding 12-14 inches to the waist and it makes for 48-50 inches of legroom. I know I'm not going to get that in a two seater, almost all of which I've ever tried are somewhere around 40-44 inches, but as long as I can reasonably fit for an hour's flight I'd be happy. I think it would be best to just sit in one and see how it feels.

I might mention that I generally fly a 4 seat Navion and I had the seat track extended backwards so I have all the room in the world. Great plane, but I'm looking for a STOL aircraft I can fly out of my back yard.

David Brody