Kitfox Aircraft Stick and Rudder Stein Air Grove Aircraft TCW Technologies Dynon Avionics AeroLED MGL Avionics Leading Edge Airfoils Desser EarthX Batteries Garmin G3X Touch

Thread: Any good pics of rudder fiberglass

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Re: Any good pics of rudder fiberglass

I glued the washer to the nut and tied a string to the bolt before using medical tweezers to get in position.
    That was after I spent a bunch of time fetching the washer I dropped inside the rudder.
    🇨🇦CANADA
    Flying | SS7 | G3X | Edge 912

Quote Originally Posted by patrick.hvac View Post
    I glued the washer to the nut and tied a string to the bolt before using medical tweezers to get in position.
    That was after I spent a bunch of time fetching the washer I dropped inside the rudder.
    Thanks for that.

I guess one key piece of information is that the instructions say "cutout on one side as required for bolt access". I trimmed the rudder fairing per the etching, but I'll plan to make it a little bigger. As it is now, I can barely get my tools and/or fingers in that opening. Even with bigger cutouts, the resulting drag should still be virtually zero as most of the opening will be behind the vertical stabilizer trailing edge fairing.

I'm just trying to be super cautious because I can't uncut/un-trim that fiberglass. Like most people, I tend to overthink and overanalyze what I'm doing.

Some of the RV folks swear by these tools to get washers in place. https://www.aircraftspruce.com/catal...et12-04723.php
    -- Paul S
    Model III SN910
    582 IVO Med