Kitfox Aircraft Stick and Rudder Stein Air Grove Aircraft TCW Technologies Dynon Avionics AeroLED MGL Avionics Leading Edge Airfoils Desser EarthX Batteries Garmin G3X Touch

Thread: Toko iron

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Re: Toko iron

The type of sensors I used, one from Poly fiber thermometer type, one from Super flight, a coiled spring and a thermocouple type, all were within a deg or two of each other. I never liked the infrared as you are correct on the light/reflective or dark surface makes a difference. John, you are correct on the conversion is 320 not, 330. I will see if the supplier has the 18 model for the 350deg. What I did like with this iron over my house hold irons that I have used in the past is the iron did keep the temperature consistent with no spikes.

Default Re: Toko iron

I've just finished one wing fabric covering and used the Toko T14 for the 250F shrink. I tried measuring the base surface temp with an infrared thermometer - no joy. Yes, the shiny surface affects the reading - massively. So I used a simple thermometer. The Toko temp was within a few degrees of the thermometer. I used a household iron with an aluminium base for the 350F final shrink. Temp measurement with the infrared thermometer was no problem and within a few degrees of the thermometer. If I had my time over, I'd probably do away with the Toko and simply use a household iron.
    David
    SS7 Builder