NOTE: When speaking of a Kitfox, I am referring to a new Kitfox S7.

I feel I would like a plane that can Morph from Trike, to Tail, to floats. The only 2 planes I know of that can do that are the Kitfox, and the Glasair Sportsman. They both have folding wings too which is a huge win as well.

I will admit the thought of building my own airplane is both over whelming and terrifying to me.

1.Where is the happy medium on investment with the Kitfox? It seems to me the might as well clause would take over real quick the closer you approach 70K. In other words, I may be better suited to buy a used C-182 or the like for the money. And no, it would not be a float plane, Tail Dragger, or be able to fold its wings. It would have stable depreciation, Be IFR equipped, and haul 3-4 people though?

2.Can the Kitfox be turned into a realistic float plane that would haul 2-200+lb guys up fishing, or is that just fantasy?

3.Suggestion for engine package for eventual float flying (if feasible?)

4.What would be the best bang for the buck as far as a flight panel goes? Would a Dynon Skyview system be worth it in this plane, or should one just stick the basic VFR flight instruments for a plane like this? Note: I just went to visit Dynon today in Woodinville, WA. Nice stuff there.

5. How difficult is fabric covering an airplane? I was looking on the KF site, and the directions look vague at best.

6. What is the general opinion on building with a Non standard Power plant such as a Viking Engine?

7. Aside from the Kit, Engine, and avionics is there any other huge expenses that will raise eyebrows from the wife?

8. For those that have built, please name 1-2 things that caught you off guard/ by surprise?

9. For those that have built, would you endeavor to do it again?

Thank you for taking to the time to read!