Kitfox Aircraft Stick and Rudder Stein Air Grove Aircraft TCW Technologies Dynon Avionics AeroLED MGL Avionics Leading Edge Airfoils Desser EarthX Batteries Garmin G3X Touch

Thread: YAMAHA Genesis (RX-1) install in Kitfox 5

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Re: YAMAHA Genesis (RX-1) install in Kitfox 5

Don't know if anyone has already suggested this but Steve Henry is the man when it comes to the RX-1. He's been flying it for some time in his Just Aircraft Highlander. He can probably answer all your questions...

Wild West Aircraft
    http://www.wildwestaircraft.com/

Good Luck! I'm looking at putting the new Yamaha Genesis 998 Turbo in a SuperSTOL. They're all related and really good engines.

Clark

Default Re: YAMAHA Genesis (RX-1) install in Kitfox 5

Quote Originally Posted by Clark in AZ View Post
    Don't know if anyone has already suggested this but Steve Henry is the man when it comes to the RX-1. He's been flying it for some time in his Just Aircraft Highlander. He can probably answer all your questions...

Wild West Aircraft
    http://www.wildwestaircraft.com/

Good Luck! I'm looking at putting the new Yamaha Genesis 998 Turbo in a SuperSTOL. They're all related and really good engines.

Clark
    Yep, if it weren't for Steve Henry I wouldnt have taken on this repower!

And WOW! The sidewinder motor in an airplane. Man I hope you get that to work!! As you know, its gonna be all about the adapter, gearbox, and clutch that can hold that power.

Please put up a build thread when you get going on that project! That would be absolutely groundbreaking!