Kitfox Aircraft Stick and Rudder Stein Air Grove Aircraft TCW Technologies Dynon Avionics AeroLED MGL Avionics Leading Edge Airfoils Desser EarthX Batteries Garmin G3X Touch

Thread: 912 Carb Separation.

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default 912 Carb Separation.

Hello everyone,
    Here's my two cents worth of the a cure for the carburetor coming apart from the flange due to excessive vibrations. When this happens, (and it has in the past) it's an immediate shutdown of the engine. Not something we would like to experience in flight. I've read almost all the threads and no one has come up with this cure. This is cheep and easy to install, and they hold the carb tight against the flange with no play. I fabricated the small tabs, (pictured next to the flange bolts) drilled the holes for the flange bolt and the tie wire hole. Found a screw for each carb that fit the threads on the carb, measured the depth of the hole and cut the screws off short so not to bottom out. I used .041 safety wire for extra strength and wired them together. I also removed the spacer on the clamp around the flange and tightened it down just a little tighter. Don't think they'll be coming apart now.

Ray in AJ
    Kitfox IV 912ul N869Y (Building)
    Attached Images Attached Images