I am getting ready to install the fuel lines in my project, a rebuilt Kitfox II. I started with a lot of parts, as it was badly damaged in an accident before I acquired it. The only evidence I have of the original setup is a short piece of flexible rubber fuel line coming from one of the wing tanks.

I installed a header tank kit, from John McBean, behind the seat. I will need to run flexible fuel line from the wing tanks to the header tank. Indeed the fittings supplied in the kit have barbed connectors for the lines. From the header tank, I want to go to a Facet fuel pump, then to a shutoff valve, then to a gascolator, a pulse pump, and the carburetors. Alternatively, I could locate the Facet pump on the engine side of the firewall.

Recognizing that certified aircraft utilize solid fuel lines before the firewall, I would like to use a flexible fuel line for ease of installation, and the ability to see the fuel flowing. I would like to use the Bing fuel line, which is alcohol resistant, and rated for temperatures of -65F to 220F, pressures of 50 psi, and a tensile strength of 8000 psi. Since the maximum pressure in my system will be on the order of 2-3psi, this should be more than adequate.

It seems that it would be a good choice, with the only risk being the line getting pinched somewhere in the cockpit. I will have to be careful how I route it, and so on.

I would like thoughts and opinions on this type of installation before I get going. Any and all thoughts are welcome.

Thanks.