Hello everyone!! New poster and just wanted to say hello and ask a couple of questions.
I recently looked at a Model IV that is for sale. It looks a little rough (understatement) but the price reflective. The plane has a 912 (80 hp) and less than 20 hrs. The fabric and paint look absolutely terrible and probably should be recovered. What would a guy expect to spend on recovering a Model IV? It has what looks like Grove spring gear and 8.00 tires. The seller stated the plane was flown last year by the guy that did the condition inspection and then put in a trailer as the owner moved out of the country and has no desire to fly any longer.
I have already own a Champ and a 172 but am interested in this to eventually fly under LSA.
The asking price is $15K which I feel is a little high considering I think the plane needs to be thouroghly gone threw or possibly even totally rebuilt.
Is this a fair price?
Also, are there any members on here in north central MN that I could possibly "pick their brain" with questions or possible flight to make sure I would even like the Kitfox.
Thanks,
WW