Hi,

I am evaluating between building a STi or Super Sport. It will be my first/only airplane, operating from a paved strip in Arizona, and not much back country experience. I have aspirations for some basic back country stuff; but not to the level of some of the crazy stuff I see on youtube, and I think I would appreciate the extra cruise speed. Therefore, I am leaning towards the Super Sport.

However, I noticed the current pricing is a bit interesting:
Super Sport = $34,995.00
STi = $39,995.00 (includes ~$7000 worth of factory upgrades from super sport included in kit)

My understanding was that the STi is the same as the super sport except for the wing and wing tips. To equip a super sport the same as the STi (except for the wing), the kit would cost ~$42,000. So the STi wing is valued at -$2000.

My questions:
Am I understanding the difference between the STi and Super Sport kits properly? If so, is the factory trying to incentivize STi orders over super sport? Or is there an actual reason an STi wing is cheaper?

Thanks!

Edit: Another question, what is everyone's experience regarding the price increases? It appears the price is not locked in at the time of placing a deposit, and is subject to change, even though the deposit is not refundable? Is this the correct interpretation?