I agree with 109jb on this one. It's been close to 30 years since the model 2 was factory produced. The engine is probably a grey head. I would consider the engine to be worth only core value. If an authorized Rotax service center does the work it will need, well it wont be cheap. The prop is probably a GSC 3 blade wooden prop that Kitfox used to include with the kit. It's not a bad prop but I would seriously consider something else. They have a short TBO. If I remember right it's 400 hours and there's probably a time limit too. The model 4 wing is a good thing if you're ok with more speed but not as good stol. I'd be sure it really is a model 4 wing. A friend just last year bought a model 4/1200 kit for less than that with a 912 engine mount. It was covered and sitting on the gear. Another friend found a low time 912ul for $4000. I believe I'd either try to get a few thousand off or look elsewhere. I would think you'd be able to find a flying model 2 in the $12,000 to $15,000 price range. Maybe?