Kitfox Aircraft Stick and Rudder Stein Air Grove Aircraft TCW Technologies Dynon Avionics AeroLED MGL Avionics Leading Edge Airfoils Desser EarthX Batteries Garmin G3X Touch
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Slip Speeds

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Re: Slip Speeds

Jeff, your plane sounds like it behaves similarly to mine when testing aggressive slips at altitude. As long as I approach stall in a less than super aggressive fashion, even in a full rudder deflection slip, the plane gives plenty of warning and barely drops a wing if at all. Reducing back pressure recovers and I can even stay un coordinated through the recovery right back into a slip. I haven't done any very aggressive pull ups but Im sure those might get more exciting. Ive done these with both full flaps and half flaps. I do notice with full flaps the break is more defined.

Dave,

I entered the slip at 60 MPH (simulating high on final, slightly overspeed). Full flaps.

Jim, thats a good point. I have been landing with half flaps. I just figured I would try full flaps.
    Kitfox V building
    "Be Quick, Be Quiet, Be on time" -Kelly Johnson

I always do my slips with 1/2 flaps and have never had the issue you describe. Can go very aggressive with full rudder and drastically dropped opposite wing. For some reason have never tried with full flaps; guess I have never found the need.
    Jim Ott
    Portland, OR
    Kitfox SS7 flying
    Rotax 912ULS