Quote Originally Posted by avidflyer View Post
6800 is pretty high. What will happen to the rpm and egts when you level off and the prop unloads?? JImChuk
The engine break in schedule from LEAF doesn't show a max RPM. The bar graph just shows it going off the chart. For some reason 6000rpm comes to mind as a good static full throttle. But I only get 5500 and it will slow down to 5000. Although the egt's go down as it hits full throttle. I never did get the full break in done as it was getting so hot and would not cool down unless it was shut down. It did run much better everytime I started another run.

The log book that came with my bird is pretty bad, but he did write down a lot of notes on what prop pitches he tried. I have no idea what his starting setting was, but he had a couple flights in and increased pitch from 15.5 to 16 degrees. Static rpm went from 6200 to 6000. At 60mph climbout he had 6200rpm. Egt's were 1300 but were reduced to be in "spec". Then the next flight he went back to 15.5 degrees but now only gets 5800 to 5900rpm static. Humidity? And ten flight hours later he reduced again to 15 degrees for better climb. Twenty hours later he went back to 15.5, then to 16 again. He messed about with carb jet needles to try and reduce egt's as well. No good notes after that. Funny thing, the wood prop has a 100hr or 5yr TBO. He kept checking prop torque well past the 100 hours. That's why I went to the Warpdrive.