Kitfox Aircraft Stick and Rudder Stein Air Grove Aircraft TCW Technologies Dynon Avionics AeroLED MGL Avionics Leading Edge Airfoils Desser EarthX Batteries Garmin G3X Touch

Thread: SomeDay7

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Re: SomeDay7

Tough decision to make. Here is my take. My brother and myself our building 2 STI’s. Originally I thought they where the way to go. Now I am rethinking our decision. Here is why. Based on the stall speeds many our seeing in the 7ss the STI only seems to be about 8 mph slower stall but you lose about 15-20 to on the top end. The 7ss already has great short field, not sure how much shorter STI gives you back to back same weight and HP. On the other hand I think the STI handles higher density altitude and flies better at higher altitude, which in Utah is something to consider. One of the other pluses of the STI is I like the looks better. Take this all with a grain of salt as I have only flown in the 7ss and never the STI. Hopefully is a few months I can report more! Either way should be a fun project!
    Dustin Dickerson

Building 7ss STI x 2
    Oratex
    29" shock monster
    EP912STI 155hp
    Garmin
    N33TF......FLYING!
    N53TF......FLYING!

Default Re: SomeDay7

I ordered 7 years ago. When the STi came out, I wanted it but after putting 100 hours on my super sport I am glad I don’t have the STI. I can hit Vne in level flight. 75% cruise is 105 -107 kits (125MPHish) I can land it in less than 300’ solo and can take off in 300’ solo. It’s a great all around bird and really does everything pretty well!
    6F5D7E5E-95AC-4B10-814A-A28A850F1DF1.jpg
    ------------------
    Josh Esser
    Flying SS7
    Rotax 914iS
    AirMaster Prop

Edmonton, AB, CWL3