Hey guys, I have been looking at the Kitfox for a couple months now and am about to make the plunge. I don't have time to build one (yet), so I have been looking at used models. I found a Kitfox 3 with a Rotex 582 and relatively low time.

Just wondering if you can give me some input about that particular model and the motor. I know the more modern stuff is a LOT better, but this seems like it could work for me for now.

Is there anything I should be looking for when I go to check it out? Any thoughts on that motor? (I know it's cheaper to buy and maintain, but doesn't it have a rather limited TBO interval?)

I have already taught my 18 year old daughter to fly. My son is 12 and I thought a tail dragger would be a great way to teach him "old school" flying. We currently have a Cirrus SR-20, so I'm not too worried about the speed of the older Kitfox. This is just a plane for messing around locally (and for my daughter to build time in CHEAP).

I've been searching this forum and learning a lot. I appreciate any advise you guys can offer!

John