Hello all

Glad to be here. Hoping to build or buy a Kitfox in the next few years.

I live in Montrose Colorado and would love to fly the Western Slope and into Utah, New Mexico and Wyoming.

Looking to buy or build a top of the line Kitfox, with a fuel injected / turbo engine for power at altitude. Open to partnering with someone in my area if we had similar mindsets and finances. Would like to keep the plane at KMTJ.

I am a licensed pilot, single engine land, no tailwheel. Like to start with tri gear and then see if it's necessary to switch over to tailwheel configuration. Have a bit more than a hundred hours logged as PIC, and more time informally.

I've created a spreadsheet with all the costs I think would be involved in building a Kitfox, and am working on tightening up the numbers and also comparing the different models available and also the factory-built option. I've used the factory pricing and talked to them, and then estimated the owner-supplied items. Obviously it's geared toward my preferences, but it may be helpful for others and so I am happy to share. Would love to get feedback from anyone with direct knowledge. It's an excel spreadsheet.

Clear Skies,

David