Kitfox Aircraft Stick and Rudder Stein Air Grove Aircraft TCW Technologies Dynon Avionics AeroLED MGL Avionics Leading Edge Airfoils Desser EarthX Batteries Garmin G3X Touch

Thread: Brake RHS Issue

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Brake RHS Issue

G'day All,

Kitfox IV 1050. I've got a little issue that you guy's might be able to advise on before I start pulling brake cylinder apart. I've been catching up on a bit of maintenance and happened to be playing around under the panel. I tried the pilot side brakes right and left with my hand and although a tiny bit spongy due to a bit of air I suspect, after couple of pumps they came up nice and firm. Then I tried the brakes on the rhs. Left nice and firm but then the right just flipped all the way over. No pressure at all despite the fact it had been working on the last flight some weeks prior with an instructor in right hand seat. Pilot side is still working. Would I be correct suspecting a seal of some description has let go inside the cylinder ? Is it a simple generic o ring or a specific seal that would need to be ordered ? I haven't found a diagram of the insides yet. I'm assuming they are the original brakes supplied with the aircraft kit. Maybe someone can tell by this photo I have of the cockpit. Sorry I don't have better photo but I'm away at the moment and just happened to have this photo on my phone. Been mulling this over wondering if there's something I'm going to need to order. Just one other thing, is there anyone here in Oz that can tell me where to find one of those big syringes so I can pump oil up into the system from the bleed nipple on the caliper ?
    Cheers, Glenn
    Attached Images Attached Images