Kitfox Aircraft Stick and Rudder Stein Air Grove Aircraft TCW Technologies Dynon Avionics AeroLED MGL Avionics Leading Edge Airfoils Desser EarthX Batteries Garmin G3X Touch

Thread: 582 Engine Hard To Start

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Re: 582 Engine Hard To Start

You need to be careful to match a battery charger to the battery technology you're using. The Schumacher might be good for an old style motorcycle lead acid battery but would kill an Odyssey AGM style or a lithium cell. Do your research.
    -- Paul S
    Model III SN910
    582 IVO Med

Personally I don't think the Schumacher MC-1 should even be on the market! It is a manual charger (no auto shut off) and does not even have a full charge indicator light. Forget it's hooked up, get distracted and off to something else and you could lose more than the battery!

I don't even leave my automatic charger/tenders on, unattended - unplugged overnight or when I'm leaving the shop.

Greg

Whoops my bad ! My battery guy suggested the Schumacher SEM-1562A-CA NOT the MC-1. Sorry for the confusion.

Hard to beat a battery tender....http://www.batterytender.com/ $25 at Wally world.