Jimmy,

You bring up an interesting point with experimentals. Seldom is there a maintenance manual.

When I had my aircraft inspected, the DAR (who was a very accomplished person in his day job and with EAA) made the recommendation to me that for my own continued work with the plane; and, for anyone who eventually inherits it, two things are good to put together:

1) An equipment list

2) A maintenance document which I ended up making as a combination of the build manual and an additional maintenance procedures manual, particularly for those things that are not in the build manual.

I have to say the equipment list has paid for itself more than once in tracking down specific parts I have needed for a device on the plane. (please don't ask me how the position light lens got broken)

We do have excellent support from the Kitfox factory; however, there are things that end up on an experimental that aren't in the original book (if the book still exists), or can be real hard to find for certain models such as the early birds that predate the IV.