Quote Originally Posted by efwd View Post
......After I drilled the hole and found it a bit off center I found the file was taking way too long to get the job done. The Dremel bit took about 90 seconds to remove the margins.
Eddie
Similar case here too Eddie ....One of my holes was also off centre and I suspect others will have had similar problems. Even with a hole finder it's not 100% accurate. I ran the drill through each hole couple of times to slightly o/s the hole. This allows easy removal of the forward pins when swinging the wings, and also provides a running fit at the rear bolt holes for hinging. Although it would be better to have a snug fit, the reality is that if you are trailering your aircraft to the field and therefore swinging the wings, you need a small amount of freeplay in the holes - but not too much.

Brian, also, the ss7 manual notes that you should bond Rib #1 to the spars with the wings in place. This ensures the you maintain the correct spar alignment with the fuselage pickup holes. Totally recommend you do this at the same time as you drill off the front spar. I know this because I tried another way and .... I mentioned before I had a hole slightly out of alignment .... well enough said.