In my view, if you only fly daylight VFR, you don't need backup ASI or altimiter.
I agree 100%. Unfortunately both authorities with whom I'm involved (UK and Oz) think otherwise and insist we have these things. The UK even makes a standby compass a mandatory item.....chocolate fire guard springs to mind

As EFWD says, the comm panels hide on the EFIS until you press them and then they enlarge for data entry (or just transfer it from the nav display). It is more than sufficient to not require radio or transponder panels mucking up the nice, clean look. Radios have an intercom built in, so no need for a separate box.

Yep, you can set your AoA indicator to send tones to your headset, so you don't need a large display. Of course you don't absolutely need the AOA but it's a useful feature and if you've got it......well, you know the rest. I'm ex-Royal Navy, so I like the nice, steady tone telling me I'm on-speed.

Coffee gets drunk doing the day job. Coffee gets spilt when I'm playing

912iS for me as well, so: no master switch but the key would act as the master switch and, therefore, provide a bit of security as well. Would obviously need the LANE A, LANE B, Fuel Pump A & Fuel Pump B switches, which is a shame. How about controlling the lights through the EFIS via an electronic circuit breaker? That would get rid of the need for a couple of the switches. Combine that with the 'airborne' switch in the EFIS and you could set it up so you wouldn't have to even turn them on or off.....but obviously have the option to do so.

My OCD would entail hiding the USB ports (perhaps just underneath the panel). I agree with having the functionality available, I just don't want to see the ports and/or the wires.

I like gadgets and I like the look of this panel (minus cup holders)