I would appreciate your thoughts on the difference between the 'angle of pull' of the cable/spring arrangement between the rudder horns and the tail wheel horns. In the pics below you will se that on my friend Craig's KF4, the angle is of pull is much greater than that on my KF7. I am trying to improve the ground handling at the moment for him before he returns from the US. You may recall that I delivered this plane back home for him after he bought it but I was concerned about the ground handling. I am having the wheel alignment done next week as the scrubbing on the tyres suggest it may be well out of alignment. But having the 2 aircraft in the hanger together it was clear that the angles of pull are very different - I suspect the more direct or flatter the angle of pull when operating the rudders, the more efficient the ground steering will be? The model 7 uses 'bent' horns on both the rudder and the tail wheel which flattens this angle considerably. Have any of you guys with the KF4 modified your setup to that of the KF7? and if so, did it improve ground steering noticeably?

Appreciate your thoughts. ross

This is Craig's Model 4 setup - note the approx. 30 or 40 degree angle of pull.
IMG_5147.jpg

The 2 pics below are of Model 7 - note the different angle of pull achieved by the 'bent' horns.
IMG_5150.jpg
IMG_5151.jpg