Kitfox Aircraft Stick and Rudder Stein Air Grove Aircraft TCW Technologies Dynon Avionics AeroLED MGL Avionics Leading Edge Airfoils Desser EarthX Batteries Garmin G3X Touch

Thread: Viking Fox takes to the sky

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Viking Fox takes to the sky

First flight with my Kitfox 7 with Viking 110 was made on Nov 5, a great feeling to be in the air after all the work.
    The Fox took to the air and flew perfect just like it had been there before,
    what a great kit! Thanks to the Kitfox community and every one that helped along the way.
    My first flight wasn't without a little nervous excitement - a few minutes after takeoff my oil psi started dropping, I was pretty sure it was the gauge but did not know, as it dropped down to 20 psi (should be 60+) I knew I was going to have to land sooner than I was planning and back at my farm strip which is less than 1000 feet which I was also not planning on doing my first landings on.
    So I did a couple of power off stalls to get a feel for it as the oil psi was now down to 10, I decided to land. The landing wasn't great but for the first one under pressure it was ok.
    It turned out to be the gauge or sender (electric) I replaced with mechanical gauge and have flown about 10 hours since with no more issues.
    Attached Images Attached Images