G'day Doug,

good to hear from you. How come you are flying with Scotty - whats wrong with your plane?? Hope it is all good.

As for the gearbox - for me the vibration was the only symptom - nothing showing up in the filter or the magnetic plug - apart from black fine coating of sludgy type material - nothing I would consider excessive for the first 200hrs of the engine. The vibration was just a gradual thing and not excessive - but before I had it sent for inspection and subsequent repair I could notice it on climb, in cruise and when revs were reduced on decent.

I have had discussions with Airmaster who are doubtful of the the contribution of the 75" blades tot he problem but are happy to work with me to trial new blades. I have had the prop re balanced and it is really smooth now - I plan to see if it happens again and to look at the cases of others with this problem on the 912is sport - I understand that the gearbox is different to the one on the 912uls.

Anyway, good to hear from you Doug and still looking forward to you arriving down under!

cheers

ross