Kitfox Aircraft Stick and Rudder Stein Air Grove Aircraft TCW Technologies Dynon Avionics AeroLED MGL Avionics Leading Edge Airfoils Desser EarthX Batteries Garmin G3X Touch

Thread: Trim sensor and skyview

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Re: Trim sensor and skyview

Thanks everyone, I have tried the obvious. I have reversed the other two wires and no luck. I have had to replace two temp sensors that came with the rotax motor because the dynon would not recognize them. Was hoping someone has done this before and might have a tip on how they did it. Dynon instructions are for the Ray Allen sensor specifically and nothing on anything different.

My trim sensor has 3 wires - WHT/BLU, WHT/ORN, WHT/GRN. WHT/BLU ties to trim power used by all position sensors. WHT/ORN ties to ground used by all position sensors. WHT ties to elevator trim sensor on the Efis. I have Advanced Flight Systems 5800 EFIS and I'm using the trim sensor from AFS. Not sure if this info is useful? Good luck.
    Scott

Have you talked directly with Dynon? Of course they are at Oshkosh too.
    Phil Nelson
    A&P-IA, Maintenance Instructor
    KF 5 Outback, Cont. IO-240
    Flying since 2016

Thanks again, the sensor from Kitfox has a white/orange, blue/white, and white it honestly never occurred to me that the wht/orange is the ground. I will try that as soon as I get back from Osh. Leaving in the morning for my yearly fix.