Kitfox Aircraft Stick and Rudder Stein Air Grove Aircraft TCW Technologies Dynon Avionics AeroLED MGL Avionics Leading Edge Airfoils Desser EarthX Batteries Garmin G3X Touch

Thread: Jury Strut install?

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Jury Strut install?

I apologize, the photos were all taken with the same phone and oriented the same in my photos but I have no idea why they come out on their side. Anyhow, I am tired of trying to make these Jury struts work out. I have everything done well in my opinion but I can not get the horizontal to be level. When I move any of the brackets in any direction that results with a level bubble then I am bending the struts in some fashion. I had to swap brackets around in order for everything to work out as well as it has but I am unable to get this level. I am square front to back, no bowing in the struts and my brackets are centerline with struts and spars. My spar brackets are both the same distance from the rib suggesting they are true front to back. Correct me if Im wrong here. If I had to make adjustments to the strut rod end bearings to correct the wash out, would that not account for my inability to get this level?
    Ive come back to this dang thing for three days now and I am tired of trying to figure it out myself.
    Eddie
    Attached Images Attached Images