Kitfox Aircraft Stick and Rudder Stein Air Grove Aircraft TCW Technologies Dynon Avionics AeroLED MGL Avionics Leading Edge Airfoils Desser EarthX Batteries Garmin G3X Touch

Thread: What's the deal with the Carbon Cub

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default What's the deal with the Carbon Cub

I was just talking with a friend who was interested in the Carbon Cub and I have to ask myself, what is the big deal with this ridiculously expensive plane? The Kitfox beats it in almost every category except takeoff distance. Landing distance is within 50'.

The kitfox weighs less, has more baggage area/weight availability, and is 25mph faster.

It climbs faster but with John's prelim testing on the 180hp kitfox, it looks like when you have the same engine as the Carbon Cub it beats it at climb too.

The carbon cub takes of in 60' but that is useless when you need 250' to land.

With the Kitfox STOL wing you can go the same speed as the CC and land shorter than it, and take off almost as short as it (within 40')

Am I missing something of why people are shelling out 200K for this plane?

Edit, I was looking at the LSA model But still the regular one just does what a kitfox does....
    Last edited by Esser; 02-20-2016 at 10:27 PM.