After exchanging a couple of emails with John and talking to Debra at Kitfox, I emailed an order form today and got in line for a mid-April delivery. The next several weeks will be a scramble to build a storage shed for all of the garage clutter, insulate the ceiling and walls, install a mini-split air conditioner and create a year-round work shop in our 3-car garage. Actually, my wife made it clear her car will continue to be parked in the garage. I’m retired and can build during the day but it gets too hot and humid to even think about working in an open garage here in the piney woods of East Texas.

Before making the final decision to buy the kit I read all of the threads in the General Discussion forum. It took several weeks, was sometimes drudgery, and I will admit to skipping some that were obviously not useful. While reading I kept a Word document with links to threads that will be useful during the build. There is a remarkable amount of information in the forum and a search is not likely to turn up some of the gems that occurred with thread drift. I would encourage all new builders and tire kickers to make this effort.

Finally, the TeamKitFox community was a significant factor in deciding to build this plane. As I read, several of the frequent contributors became “friends”. Of course they have absolutely no idea who this new guy is, but I will not hesitate to contact them when questions come up. In fact, I already had a very nice conversation about Oratex covering with one of these gentlemen.

Thrilled, an a little overwhelmed, to change my status to "Building".