Kitfox Aircraft Stick and Rudder Stein Air Grove Aircraft TCW Technologies Dynon Avionics AeroLED MGL Avionics Leading Edge Airfoils Desser EarthX Batteries Garmin G3X Touch

Thread: 912ul water pump leak

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Re: 912ul water pump leak

Quote Originally Posted by Xengineguy View Post
    Don't tell anyone but black pepper
    Is probably the best stop leak!
    Sad to hear. It just might force me to share my black pepper with the airplane. Just love the stuff on everything.

Seriously, Thanks for the experience heads-up. I can go with that. Still, I wonder if it might have to do with the amount added. In the day, Rotax was very firm on the amount added because of our relatively small coolant capacity. It was just a fraction of the bottle. I had shutters on the radiator and still used them regularly up until the end.
    Lowell Fitt
    Goodyear, AZ

My You Tube Channel

Default Re: 912ul water pump leak

Quote Originally Posted by HighWing View Post
    Sad to hear. It just might force me to share my black pepper with the airplane. Just love the stuff on everything.

Seriously, Thanks for the experience heads-up. I can go with that. Still, I wonder if it might have to do with the amount added. In the day, Rotax was very firm on the amount added because of our relatively small coolant capacity. It was just a fraction of the bottle. I had shutters on the radiator and still used them regularly up until the end.
    Lowell I think you have a good point, unlike most people you followed the
    Rotax instructions. Too often we think if a little will do,a bunch is better!
    Not the case with this stuff. Mike