Kitfox Aircraft Stick and Rudder Stein Air Grove Aircraft TCW Technologies Dynon Avionics AeroLED MGL Avionics Leading Edge Airfoils Desser EarthX Batteries Garmin G3X Touch

Thread: Help needed on crashed model V

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Re: Help needed on crashed model V

Tank's for the warm welcome. It feels good to get out of the shadows.

The plane has a rotax 912 ul. I has had a prop strike. Nothing overly obvious from the outside although I know it doesn't mean much.

The fuselage overall is rather straight. There are a few bent longer on but none of them are bent. The holes in the Fabrice underneath but a couple poked in the side.

The one wing is toast for sure (broken and or bent spar). The other one has some flaperon damage.

Landing gear is toast. There is a set available locally for cheap. Wheels are good, so are axles, and brakes (needs new tubing).

Are far as avionics I'm not exactly sure. They were pulled and are neatly packed in a box. He wanted to prevent theft. It was two weeks until he could get it airlifted out.

Finish is unknown at this point but I'm sure it is in the build logs.

Asking price is $8k but he is flexible (at least he says).

What is a flying model V worth? Are they much more than a IV? I don't see them on barnstormers nearly as much as the IV. I just want to make sure my purchase makes sense vs buying a flying example.
    Last edited by mharmon; 10-22-2015 at 07:29 PM.