OK guys I'm looking for advice.

I found a KF IV 1200 with a 912. I've been looking for a while and this is the right one for me. I'm going to buy it.

I've pretty much got everything figured out except for the insurance.

Right now I plan on trailering it home and keeping it in my garage to finish some misc odds and ends I want to do to it over the winter. After that I will be keeping it in a hangar at the airport.

As far as trailering it and keeping it in my garage it looks like a combination of my auto and homeowners insurance will cover it.

Once I have it ready I am going to need in-flight insurance.

Here is some background on me:

I am 38 years old and a student pilot. Roughly without adding everything up in my logbook I have 37 hours of dual instruction spread out over a few years with zero tail wheel time. I'd assume that I'm not very exciting to an insurance company. I do plan on training with an instructor in this aircraft that is very familiar with them.

Now my father is an inactive pilot with over 4000 hours in single engine aircraft and he does have his tail wheel endorsement from many years ago. He is 72 years old and was never denied a medical. He let his medical expire about 10 years ago and never tried to renew it because he came down with a medical condition that would have prevented it.

Would it be beneficial to somehow get him involved in the insurance or ownership of the aircraft in order to make it more insurable? I'm not sure how to go about starting the insurance process or even what insurance company to go to.