Quote Originally Posted by avidflyer View Post
The first Kitfox I bought was a project that became one when a wing attachment brace came loose and the wing swung around and hit a sign on the side of the road. That had happened before I bought it. I've always worried about that happening again, so in addition to the wing brackets, I also tie the flaperons together with a short length of rope. I can always look in the rearview mirror and see the rope is still there. Probably wouldn't see if the steel tube came loose till it was to late. JImChuk

I don't know what has been out there in the past for transport parts; however, the transport kit I purchased from Kitfox uses drilled bolts, drilled pins, castle nuts and "hairpins" to secure the transport braces and lockback braces. We have used this to transport a couple kitfoxes. Very secure and quick to put together and take down.

I do keep extra castle nuts and heavy safety wire in the plane in case of an "oops" with the hairpins in the tall grass.

My wife sewed up a tail pad with foam inserts which the flaperons rest against.

For a belt and suspenders approach - have to agree the rope safety is a good idea.