Hello there,

This is Jorge from Spain (writing from Africa). I have an ongoing problem with my engine, a rotax 912 80hp. I hope any of you guys could bring me some light.

The engine has little hours, 190hrs, but it was standing on the ground for some years. I inspected the engine trough but after some flying one could feel a vibration wich became stronger with the hours.

After discarting other factors, it became obvious the problem was comming from the ignition. The accessible part of the system was checked by a mechanic (I have no clue about electricity), conexions, cables, etc and the ignition boxes cross connected showing a problem on the back part (stator, charging/trigger coils ...).

At the same time, being the carburators throughly rigged, synchronized and inspected, the spark plugs on cylinders 1 & 3 (that is right side cylinders feed by right carburetor) were showing a notorious difference on color.
#1 totally white #3 totally black ... Will try to post some pics.

Because of the work, I didn't had the time for further investigation but I want to get ready for the next round so I know where to aim when I arrive home!

So my question is, did any of you had problems with this part of the ignition system? Is it like a weak point on the engine or well known rotax problem there?

Do you think the spark plugs problem is related to the ignition or I do have two different troubles here?

Your help is highly appreciated!
Thanks in advance,
Jorge