Hello All,

I am new to the forum and have decided to purchase the Kitfox SS7 in the fall when I get back from my job. The plane, and avionics have been decided upon but the engine is still up in the air. At the moment the two contenders are the Rotec R2800 and the Rotax 912 iS. I know the radial out in front will slow me down a bit but after reading the few posts about Kitofx's with Rotec's the takeoff and climb probably will be helped with only a small decrease in top end. I am slightly concerned with the lack of Rotec powered Kitfox's and was hoping to hear from those that have them as to the pro's and con's they have seen. I am not concerned with the LSA weight requirement as I am looking to build to the 1550# Gross Weight. Also of interest was the landing gear. Can the Grove landing gear be used with the radial and if so, is it the proper landing gear for that engine combination. Sorry if this was covered in another post but the search results were fairly anemic when it came to the Rotec in Kitfox's. I did read the article by the Administrator from 2012 and found that promising but that was not an SS7.

Thanks again