Kitfox Aircraft Stick and Rudder Stein Air Grove Aircraft TCW Technologies Dynon Avionics AeroLED MGL Avionics Leading Edge Airfoils Desser EarthX Batteries Garmin G3X Touch

Thread: What props are available for the 582?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Re: What props are available for the 582?

I really don't know all that much about the gear boxes,only one I had was on a Cessna 175. This two stroke thing is all new to me. Is there a large price difference?

About a $500 difference between a new B vs. C gearbox. I'm sure a good used or used rebuilt C could be found for much less than new ($1600). Maybe call Airscrew Performance or Rotax Rick. The C would allow you to use a longer two or 3 blade prop than with the B box. The RK-400 is $550.

http://www.air-techinc.com/topic_no_...?ptid=1&pmid=1

I'm curious about your knowledge-experience with other props. Sounds like you've tried an assortment. Also have you used the RK-400 clutch ? I would like to have tried a Prince P-tip on my 582 C 3:1 but opted for an IVO 72" GA so I could easily dial in proper RPM's. The Prince props are fantastic props (600hrs behind them) but you need to know exactly what pitch and length you need. Even then if P-tip you get does not hit targeted RPM range you'll end up sending it back for adjustment. I didn't want to potentially go through a long delay waiting on a prop. It can take months.