Kitfox Aircraft Stick and Rudder Stein Air Grove Aircraft TCW Technologies Dynon Avionics AeroLED MGL Avionics Leading Edge Airfoils Desser EarthX Batteries Garmin G3X Touch

Thread: Covering over fiberglass tanks and Laker Leading edge

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Re: Covering over fiberglass tanks and Laker Leading edge

Per Jim Ott's comment...that's correct - I didn't fill in the details on poly tacking/shrinking the concave sections of the the lower rib caps in my original post.....about all I recall about that is the poly fibermanual covers the operation quite well.

Some folks on the list have rib stitched the lower rib cap under the tank - I think by looping the stitch through some holes drilled in the rib web below the tank.

Dave S

Lowell,

Your paint job really looks nice.....

Dave

Thanks Dave. A note on rib stitching below the wing tank. I made a needle of soft heavy gauge wire (coat hanger). By flatting the wire with a hammer I could then drill through the flat part with a fine drill. This enables bending the needle as needed. What I found was that I could stitch by passing over the cap strip to one hole further along than I wanted, then immediately passing through that same hole along side the lacing cord back to the desired hole.
    Lowell Fitt
    Goodyear, AZ

My You Tube Channel