First, I'm new to posting on the forum, although I have been reading for a while now. I have been considering a Kitfox for about 8 months now after attending the Labor Day Fly-In last September. The primary attraction of the Kitfox for me is the folding wings and the option to trailer the airplane home when needed. I would need to keep the airplane in a trailer at or near the airport since hanger rents have gone so high around here that I could either pay the hanger rent or fly, but not both.

My concerns center around what size trailer does one need to routinely move a Kitfox (5 or 7) in and out. I have seen one set up on a Kitfox 5 that used a custom made trailer that had about 2 inches clearance from the folded wing leading edge, but the trailer itself was about 112 inches wide which exceeds the allowable trailer width in most states by about 10 inches.

I have seen pictures of some other trailers on the web that looked like they had little to no clearance on the sides. I can't imagine scratching up the wings every time you move it in and out?

I would sure like to hear from anyone who has an enclosed trailer and keeps it at an airport to "hanger" his Kitfox. I read about one member who got a custom Low-Tow trailer, but the pictures on the website sure look like a tight fit.

Is there something I am overlooking here? I may be able to find some hanger space to rent with the wings folded and avoid all this, but I sure can't count on that now.

Thanks for your insights.

Mike