I might be looking at replacing my wing tanks. I have no idea how to work with Stits Polytone and don't want to mess up my pretty paint job! HELP!

Below are my thoughts. I'd like to know what you guys think I should do!

Yesterday I went to the hanger and was greeted with a large wet spot on the floor. Just below the wing tank sump. There was fuel on the door running down as well as the underside of the wing. The tank was empty as well..... I'm fairly sure I put her away with a couple gallons of 100LL still in the tank. Now. It could be a couple things. Sump valve is leaking, Fuel fitting is leaking OR the tank is cracked. The plane has the older fiberglass tanks with the white cream (kreem?) inside them. There is a slight separation right at the neck I've noticed since investigating further. I know that the plane has had some ethanol in her but mostly 100LL with the previous owner and myself.

Now the dilema here guys. As with all airplanes there is a never ending list of things we want to do... I didn't want to touch the fuel system for a while. It was on the list but MUCH further down. I have plans in motion for the engine and lightening the plane as well as learning to fly it!

I'm totally aware of the fiberglass ethanol issues and the sloshing guys have had luck with. I've also seen the very nice replacement tanks at wingtanks.com.

Is it possible to carefully cut the stits fabric back in a flap to expose the tanks and then glue it all back together. little paint and voila, new tanks and a still pretty plane?

Are there any write up's anywhere that show this process of a large hole for maintenance and then repair?

Should I try sloshing and using the tank sealant?
http://www.hirschauto.com/prodinfo.asp?number=ARK-01

I want to keep flying and not dive in to a big project but I also want to be safe. Also I don't have a ton of money. What would you do?

So I haven't posted a lot since I got my new *to me* 1994 KF4-1200. Reason is I have been FLYING HER! (with help from my AWESOME instructor) Put about 12 hours on the plane. Having a great time learning.