Hello old friends.... Well, the saga of N389HW continues....well, continues to go nowhere. As many of you may remember, I flew my KF2 to KANE (Anoka, MN) for some refresher tailwheel instruction from a chief pilot of a 121/135 FBO, Called out here due to my outrage as Twin Cities Aviation. Several failed attempts to aviate due to weather, my heavy iron flying schedule, and Chief Pilot's schedule, I received a phone call from him that there was an accident with the bird. Im thinking hangar rash, wind damage, etc. Nope. Ground loop.

Yes, he took the bird up on 4/16/13 and on the first attempt at landing, got scared, tagged the gas, forgot what his damn feet were for, and ground looped it. The owner of the FBO denies that its their responsibility, that the Chief Pilot, Greg Krantz, was on his own time, and that he was told not to fly the aircraft. As many in GA instructing, he doesnt have a pot to p*ss in, so thats a dry well. FBO owner offered 5K. New Rotax 582 Bluehead with E gearbox from Red Gold in Florida, new IVO prop, new electrical system, etc. 5K would cover MAYBE a top end and Polyfiber. A year down the road, still havent touched the bird, due to liability/legal protection.

Reaching out to anyone who knows anyone who is involved in the legal field. The proposed retainers for any lawyer are at a min 1500. Needless to say, quite rich for a single dad of two girls. Anyone able to offer a name or advice? Kills me to have a bird, that WAS fully functional, fun, safe and purchased not only for me, but for my oldest daughter to get her private. That window has closed...

I miss my little yellow fun time.......