Kitfox Aircraft Stick and Rudder Stein Air Grove Aircraft TCW Technologies Dynon Avionics AeroLED MGL Avionics Leading Edge Airfoils Desser EarthX Batteries Garmin G3X Touch
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: So a guy walks into a plane and .......

Default Re: So a guy walks into a plane and .......

Thanks Paul, will do (get my stitches out today)
    Dorsal ~~^~~
    Series 7 - Tri-Gear
    912 ULS Warp Drive

I am really glad to hear that! If they are removing the stitches, the pain has subsided, it is healing well, and you won’t loose a piece of your nose!

Quote Originally Posted by Dorsal View Post
    Thanks Paul, will do (get my stitches out today)
    Paul Zimmermann
    LSRM-A
    Garland, Texas

I've sewn up lots of things in the ER -- but never a Kitfox bite! I should be finishing up with my wing painting before long . . . and then mounting the flaperons. Having now seen the damage they can inflict, I will take appropriate precautions to hopefully avoid any similar mishaps.
    Peter B
    Natchez, MS (HEZ)
    Cessna 182 (1970)
    Building S7 Super Sport

Ok so i go to the airport today, thinking about Dorsals nose as i walk around from the tail to the nose of the plane, glancing at the flaperon as i go by, ... I did this twice during pre flight,
    My battery is down, i didnt have the jumpers in my truck so I went and picked up a battery tender, installed it, plugged it in, since i have to wait for the tender to charge the battery, i figured i'd start measuring fuel lines and coolant hose for replacement, well, i must have jinxed myself, as I' m walkinging from the hangar back to the front of the plane, i have the tape measure in my hand , i look down to make sure i have the standard tape measure and BAAAMMM! I luckily had my hat on and the bill of my hat has saved my face but knocked my glasses off lol the first thing i do is check my nose lol whew everything is intact, i ran right into to the wing tip, then i grabbed a chair and set it a foot past the wing so i wouldnt do it again lol so ... I was thinking of you today Finn
    Chase
    Model 5 OutBack
    912 UL

Wow Chase, glad you had the hat on!
    I did make it up to the hangar yesterday, had to let the plane know I wasn't mad at her and it wasn't her fault Cleaned most of the blood off and had a good flight
    Last edited by Dorsal; 02-16-2014 at 08:58 PM.
    Dorsal ~~^~~
    Series 7 - Tri-Gear
    912 ULS Warp Drive

I didnt get in the air but i did run her up to temp, and I left the tender pluged in, suppose to be in the 40's and 50's this coming week with some good cross winds forecasted so i hope to do some stol crosswind landings
    Chase
    Model 5 OutBack
    912 UL

Every time I go to the airport lately the Winds are tearing it up. I listened to the AWOS the winds were at 12, gust to 20, so I got my plane warmed up via my space heater, did the preflight in the hanger, put batteries in the Zulu, and got ready to fly, I opened the hanger door, pushed the plane out. Gus t to 20 my a**, I tuned in the AWOS again, gust to 25. The time before the winds were Gusting to 30+. Hopefully today the winds will die down!Right now winds are 10, over at Dallas Executive (AKA Redbird) it is 20, DFW 20, and if I go north to Gainesville 25, and some up to 30.
    Paul Zimmermann
    LSRM-A
    Garland, Texas

I have turb. & ice 0 to 20000 , no flying today
    Chase
    Model 5 OutBack
    912 UL

Quote Originally Posted by Paul Z View Post
    Every time I go to the airport lately the Winds are tearing it up. I listened to the AWOS the winds were at 12, gust to 20, so I got my plane warmed up via my space heater, did the preflight in the hanger, put batteries in the Zulu, and got ready to fly, I opened the hanger door, pushed the plane out. Gus t to 20 my a**, I tuned in the AWOS again, gust to 25. The time before the winds were Gusting to 30+. Hopefully today the winds will die down!Right now winds are 10, over at Dallas Executive (AKA Redbird) it is 20, DFW 20, and if I go north to Gainesville 25, and some up to 30.
    Paul,
    I know your pain. this is what I got. http://w1.weather.gov/obhistory/KSFF.html

but, I'm grounded anyway. I flew my fox Saturday for about 1.5 hrs. had a great time. but on my way in the IVO decided to give problems. wouldn't flatten out. prop is off now and the motor is being sent back to IVO. been over 400hrs. needs a nice oh on the motor, new brushes, heck I'm even going to put a new contact thingy that goes through the hub been 1600hrs on that one. good time to be down with all this bad weather. suppose to be like this all week.

At least it looks better today!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Paul Zimmermann
    LSRM-A
    Garland, Texas