Kitfox Aircraft Stick and Rudder Stein Air Grove Aircraft TCW Technologies Dynon Avionics AeroLED MGL Avionics Leading Edge Airfoils Desser EarthX Batteries Garmin G3X Touch

Thread: Drivers license - Third Class Medical Proposal

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Re: Drivers license - Third Class Medical Proposal

I'm not sure it will have a big impact on LSA since a 1-time medical is still required. I know people that were holding out hope that it would be the same drivers license medical so they could fly a Cherokee or a 172 again but know they have no way of passing a medical. So their only option is still LSA.

I have a current medical but it was a god-awful-bureaucratic-expensive-pain-in-the-ass process for something my own doctor said was a non-issue.

I personally can live with the watered down changes but can see how others might not like them.

Default Re: Drivers license - Third Class Medical Proposal

One time medical is way better than every year. I have afib and have to do a treadmill and stress test every year. I let my third class go this year since I don't own a certified plane and never followed thru with my PP ticket due to the medical costs. Anyone in my situation that dropped their 3rd class in the last 10 years will be tempted to get a go fast plane to keep the kitfox company. I can't even imagine going 250 kts with 5 people riding with me That's King Air speed.

The bill was written for me!

As a side note, my buddy the Police Chief thinks I should by his Long Ez. I told him I don't fly stuff made out of resin and insulation board and I like looking out the front to see the prop

Smile Re: Drivers license - Third Class Medical Proposal

You may want to rethink that Long EZ. Check this out.

http://www.aopa.org/News-and-Video/A...el-consumption