I'm just taking a short break here from discussing the gastronomic delights of Ogden's airport restaurant menu with SkySteve, but I promise to get back with him on the thread "Heading South...Sort Of," right after this public-service announcement. ( I just got of the phone with DesertFox 4 to make sure this was permissible. )

This thread is primarily for the Arizona aviation crowd as it has to do with a special fly-in breakfast at the Glendale Airport (KGEU) restaurant, aka "Left Seat West," tomorrow, Sunday, 20 October from 0730-1330L. This is the reincarnation of the famous "Left Seat" restaurant at Phoenix Sky Harbor (KPHX) which was closed only moments before the city paved a new runway over it. The food is excellent, the prices just right, especially the all-you-can-eat-weekend-buffet for less than ten bucks, and the atmosphere is definitely aviator-angled...don't let a dangling model airplane smack you in the noggin as you enter.

This event also doubles as a fund-raiser for "Karen," one of the owners who has just undergone surgery for throat cancer but without a cent of medical insurance to her name. Sound familiar? A silent auction in the terminal lobby, adjacent the restaurant, features scads of fun aviation goodies and memorabilia provided by the local aviation crowd in Glendale and the surrounds. The proceeds go to pay Karen's astronomical medical bills; a most worthy cause.

Most unfortunately, all the publicity for this event was being handled by a member of the local sheriff's air posse who died last week (his funeral was today!) leaving this wonderful opportunity to help one of Arizona's most successful and best loved airport restaurant owners totally off Arizona aviation's radar screen, outside of the local Glendale Airport crowd. What a week! Hence this message on this VERY popular website.

So, if you want a hefty excuse to put some air under your fanny on a beautiful, clear, sunny, 80 degree (F!) day and spend a whole lot less than the mythical $100 burger, please tell all your friends and drop by KGEU tomorrow for a fun meal to help out one of our own and be thankful you can fly to do so!

"E.T."
(We now return to our regular scheduled programming and harassment...)