I own a Vixen 912ULS with a two piece smooth cowl (builder finished in 2003). I just had my first look at a friend's fairly complete (lots of parts) un-finished Vixen second hand project with the FWF kit for a 912 however the engine mount he has is completely different than mine. It has the 4 round rubber mounts facing forward and the oil tank provision appears to be on the far left side of the engine compartment. The cowl is a three piece (boot cowl plus top & bottom half). One conclusion is this setup could be for the 912 80 HP and not the 912 100 HP ULS. He believes the original builder started this about 1995. My friend also removed the fuel tanks in the partially finished wings because of some quality control issues with the fiberglass. On this, I assume there could have been problems with ethanol laced gasoline. I am considering buying it from him to finish it and my desire would be to power it with the 100 hp so I want to add up the things I would need to buy or change. (I want to know more about what I may be getting myself into.) Anybody have helpful information or at least opinions?

Thanks much, Skot