Kitfox Aircraft Stick and Rudder Stein Air Grove Aircraft TCW Technologies Dynon Avionics AeroLED MGL Avionics Leading Edge Airfoils Desser EarthX Batteries Garmin G3X Touch
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Western North Carolina owners

Default Re: Western North Carolina owners

That be the brother to the one i have been flying Tom

by the way that sure is a handsome example of a 172 too
    Last edited by SkyPirate; 06-30-2013 at 06:38 PM.

We flew down to Arkansas last week, had some fun ridge flying, the owner of the 172 i have been flying with is from Dallas, flat lander, so he found out a little bit what a ridge manifested 30 knot tail wind does to a 172 on approach

He never heard a prop make a noise like that lol he thought it was coming off i reassured him we were ok put the flaps at 10 and the nose into the wind

My wife enjoys flying as long as it's flat level and smooth. If we encounter turbulance she would just as soon be on the ground. Glad to hear your Daughter enjoys it maybe she will continue to like flying and continue our love of and freedom of flying.

Tom, that is a beautiful example of the straight tail 172. I first took off and landed one (1959 model) way back when I was 13 years old. Had lots of great fishing trips in that Cessna.

New Paint!_small.jpg

BTW- Welcome back Chase. Fun video of that large foam RC.

DesertFox4
    Admin.
    7 Super Sport
    912 ULS Tri-gear

thanks for the WB Steve took a few tries to get logged in,..I'm a lil slow dontcha know,..just sent you a funny e mail hope its not too crude lol

Mitch,..my 7 year old, Madison , her first flight a few ears ago was in a 182,..we flew up to Mexico MO,..home of the zenith,.., her face was stuck to the port window all the way there,..snoring on the way back lol,.so I know she was a little nervous,..used up all her energy I'm sure from being tense,..but now it's old hat to her

Tom that is a very sharp 172 as I said earlier i sure enjoyed the one i had. Never a single problem I always felt safe flying it and I have been in some pretty tight situations when using it to cruise land prospects.

Skypirate what was your involvement with the large scale foamy.

Mitch,..Im going to guess the model 6 your getting has a higher gross due to the motor that's on it,..so not an lsa?

only involvement is envy a friend sent me the link,..thought you would appreciate it

1550 Gross weight
    994 empty
    556 useful
    150 baggage allowance
    11.7 lbs wing loading per sq in

Yes I did enjoy it R/C airplanes are a great way of spending quality time with family and friends and i personally think one of the most rewarding hobbies that exist. Mitch