Is there anyone out there who is an expert on providing safe, effective, and affordable winter heat for their shop?
I need a heat source that is adequate for proper curing of the Hysol when I undertake construction of the wings on my SS project this coming winter, but it must also be safe for the eventual covering and painting process as well.
I checked with a heating contractor, and he told me that if I were looking to heat a paint booth, I would need a specialized unit that is completely sealed with specialized gaskets, has a sealed fan motor, etc. He said the cost would be prohibitive. He said they can install a modern high-efficiency gas furnace, which has a sealed burner, but not a sealed fan motor. He thought it would work OK and would be safe to use if I build a paint booth in the shop, vent the fumes to the outside, and don't have the booth open to direct heat from the furnace, (but of course he could not guarantee its safety).
I would like to remain productive during our Wisconsin winter months, otherwise this project may outlive me!
Any advice based on actual experience would be appreciated.