Well there is no way around it, I am moving to Alaska. So we are starting to look at houses in the area on line. As I am sure many of you do or have done, every piece of property I look at I imagine whether a grass strip would fit in or not. I am looking at one that has a 500' long axis that runs down a hill of about 5-10 degrees. The bottom buts up to a road and then trees on the other side. Now I know that is more then enough to get in and out I am trying to figure out if there is any reason not to. Obviously an engine out at 100-300' would leave few options on departure, but, well, isn't flying out of your backyard worth a little extra risk? How wide of a swath would you want cut between trees? 100', 150'?

Av8r3400, I saw a video of yours on Youtube, did you ever land in your yard? How long is the strip?

How nice would this be?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r2MFEJY3SPQ

I have landed at a buddies house, his yard is on the sectional just to keep his neighbors at bay. 1800' with 50' obstacles at either end, he flies an RV. there was two sections of tree lines on his strip that were about 75-100' apart. It's a fun approach.