Kitfox Aircraft Stick and Rudder Stein Air Grove Aircraft TCW Technologies Dynon Avionics AeroLED MGL Avionics Leading Edge Airfoils Desser EarthX Batteries Garmin G3X Touch

Thread: Has anyone covered the top of kf and eliminate the sky light?

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Re: Has anyone covered the top of kf and eliminate the sky light?

Quote Originally Posted by gizmos View Post
    the window behind door, I could not figure why it was installed. Maybe light in storage? I am leaving it out. Thanks for the help
    I think sometimes things are done for aesthetics. The window just continues the bottom angle of the door rather than giving the side of the airplane a chopped look. I agree that functionally it is not needed. And I have always had a problem turning my head 180° so have never looked at the rudder through the turtle deck glass, but the looks are classic Kitfox.

One thing to consider covering the overhead structure. I use the tubing a lot as a hand hold getting in and out of the airplane and shifting in the seat during long flight legs.

Visibility? I much prefer the open butt rib and #1 rib. When I built, the manual called for covering this area with a small window exposing the sight tube. A nice varnish job on the exposed ribs looks much better than any fabric job I have seen and it is possible to see the fuel through the tank end. One of the Arizona guys made a set of butt rib to door closeouts that fit on the outside that I have used twice. I doubt they are currently available - picture.
    Lowell
    Attached Images Attached Images