Kitfox Aircraft Stick and Rudder Stein Air Grove Aircraft TCW Technologies Dynon Avionics AeroLED MGL Avionics Leading Edge Airfoils Desser EarthX Batteries Garmin G3X Touch

Thread: Model IV Cargo Pod

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Model IV Cargo Pod

Hi,

I am in the process of installing the "bomb" cargo pod on my model IV. It seems that the factory either neglected to weld the two forward attachment points on my fuselage or there is something I am missing. The three rear ones are there. So, it seems to me that the forward ones should be attached to the fuselage tube that crosses the cabin floor from left to right just under the aft edge of the wood flooring. I am hoping that a member that has a Model IV (even if it doesn't have the cargo pod) could verify that for me and also give me the distances from the outside "edge" of the fuselage to each of the tabs.

There are also two extra eye bolts included. I say "extra" because they are not shown in the single page diagram that I have for instructions. Perhaps they are mounted up through the floor board in a similar fashion as the radiator. Perhaps I am missing some instructions.

Hope to be flying soon! I want to have this done before inspection just in case it is considered a "major modification".

Thanks for the help!

Henry
    Last edited by henrysamson; 10-20-2012 at 06:57 PM.