Quote Originally Posted by jiott View Post
What is the proper way to make a good reliable electrical ground connection to the airframe tubes? My tubes are powder coated, so obviously this must be removed, but then what do I do? What kind of clamp, etc. will continue to make good connection for many years without corrosion problems?

I am talking here about things like grounding an antenna (ground plane). I know my main electrical ground wires must be run back to a common spot near the instrument panel. Although the same question applies to that main common ground which must eventually be tied to the airframe tubes.

Jim
Jim, As seen in the picture below, I made a ground buss and ran EVERY grounding wire on the plane to it...with the exception of my Comm antenna and a beacon flasher which is in the empenage. I have what I believe is a ground loop with the beacon as I hear it when turned on. The Comm antenna sends and recieves great, however, I hear a high pitched whine but not certain yet if it has anything to do with the antenna. I will be troubleshooting in the near future trying to make a ground plane for my antenna (that is NOT connected to the frame) Bottom line, if you can make or have made a ground plane, you may not want to have it grounded to the frame. Others have this operating just fine and I have nothing concrete that points to the antenna grounding. Just an FYI thing I am throwing out.
Ground Buss.jpg