I am wondering about the Dynon angle-of-attack instrumentation. It uses two forward facing holes on the pitot tube (one of them on an agle) to feed two air pressures to the Skyview or D180 panel, that then reads out a proportional display of angle-of-attack up to the stall point. It sounds good, is simple to install, and is included in the panel display computer.

Does anyone have experience with this? How good is it? Is it something you can really count on, or is it just one of those gee-whiz, interesting information kind of things?

The reason I ask is because I have heard that it may not be too accurate. The Advanced Flight Systems AOA system is supposedly more accurate, but it is more money, more complicated to install (uses two air pressure ports-one on top & one on the bottom of the wing in addition to the regular pitot tube) and seems to me more vulnerable to plugging with dirt or water. I'm interested in comments from anyone who has actually installed and used the Dynon AOA system, because I am strongly leaning that direction.